Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Goals for this blog

Helping Others Get Started
  • When I started making cocktails, shaking cocktails, in 2001 I had no idea of what I was doing. Searching libraries and the internet, I learned so much, but found few books that were really what I wanted. The great exception was Paul Harrington's book Cocktail: The Drinks Bible for the 21st Century, regrettably out of print.
Sharing the enjoyment (and pleasure) this hobby provides
  • I've made a bit of a study of pleasure - I'm a responsible hedonist - and one of the things that I learned was that the most enjoyment comes from enjoying something before, during, and after. In this case, before includes the research (books, recipes, history, philosophy, cocktail auditions), during is the making, the tasting, and the party (and I have some ideas for how to do this in the most enjoyable way), and after (remembering, blogging, posting photos, updating recipe logs)
A philosophical inquiry about living deliberately
  • Let cocktails and cocktail parties be my laboratory for this ongoing experiment

No comments:

Post a Comment